open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: It makes all the difference whether one sees darkness through the light, or brightness through the shadows -- David Lindsay (A Voyage to Arcturus)
- (Added by: Scott Laz)

Death of Terry Pratchett
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> AuthorsMessage format

Fantasybear
Posted 2015-03-12 4:56 PM (#9867)
Subject: Death of Terry Pratchett

Very sad news today of Terry Pratchett`s death. He struck me as a civilized and humane gentleman.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Badseedgirl
Posted 2015-03-13 11:56 AM (#9870 - in reply to #9867)
Subject: Re: Death of Terry Pratchett

Uber User

I am so sad to hear of his passing. I only found him as a author a few years ago but instantly fell in love. My only comfort is I still have several books left to read in his Discworld Series.
spoltz
Posted 2015-03-13 4:48 PM (#9872 - in reply to #9867)

Uber User

I'm so sad, as well as my circle of reading friends and family who all loved his books.
Rhondak101
Posted 2015-03-17 2:12 PM (#9908 - in reply to #9867)

Uber User

The only Pratchett I had read was Good Omens with Neil Gaiman, but one of my former students loves his work and is always prodding me that I should read some. So I have started the first Discworld book. I realized that I was probably missing some things, so I found this fun site of annotations that I thought I'd share:
http://www.lspace.org/books/apf/
gallyangel
Posted 2015-03-18 9:47 PM (#9911 - in reply to #9870)

Uber User

Badseedgirl - 2015-03-13 9:56 AM

I am so sad to hear of his passing. I only found him as a author a few years ago but instantly fell in love. My only comfort is I still have several books left to read in his Discworld Series.

I only found him last year, so I'm only five or so books into disc world. I will be enjoying his (new to me) works for years to come.

From the reporting on his passing, I think it's a blessing that his passing was early and easy with the alzheimers issue looming. If he'd of lasted 20 more years, out of the public eye, unable to write, unable to understand what the purpose of the room was, that he happened to be stand in, that would've been very sad.

Edited by gallyangel 2015-03-18 9:48 PM
dustydigger
Posted 2015-03-19 2:55 PM (#9912 - in reply to #9911)

Elite Veteran

I too feel so

So sad at his passing,and how that horrible disease can rob us of so much pleasure and talent! I totally agree with Galleyangel that it was a merciful release. How terrible to watch the ebb of one's intelligence and awareness over time to the point of oblivion!
@Rhonda - you have so much fun and pleasure ahead. Under the mayhem and comedy there was serious social satire. I will always be grateful to Terry for his creation of my three fave characters - Death,who always TALKED LIKE THIS,,our favourite cynical suave but ruthless leader. Vetinari,and of course,The Luggage. I can call him/it a character cant I? lol
.R.I.P Terry
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)