open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools." - Larry Niven (Ringworld)
- (Added by: Emil)

WWEnd is on Patreon!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Welcome to Worlds Without End! -> New Features & NewsMessage format

TonkaToys
Posted 2020-07-01 4:05 PM (#22197 - in reply to #22192)
Subject: Re: WWEnd is on Patreon!

Thanks mate, keep up the good work
Top of the page Bottom of the page
thejessleigh
Posted 2021-05-13 2:31 PM (#23107 - in reply to #17309)

Hi! Are there any updates on 3.0? I kind of stopped using this site through the pandemic. I still really like the RYO features, and think the community has potential, but the engagement is so low that it's hard to remember to keep checking. I suspended my patreon support for a bit due to personal finance issues, but if the site is still in the works I'd love to get back into it.

Also, my offer to contribute to any open source work (especially with Python, database admin, and cloud hosting) is still open
Administrator
Posted 2021-05-13 11:41 PM (#23110 - in reply to #23107)

Admin

thejessleigh - 2021-05-13 2:31 PM Hi! Are there any updates on 3.0? I kind of stopped using this site through the pandemic. I still really like the RYO features, and think the community has potential, but the engagement is so low that it's hard to remember to keep checking. I suspended my patreon support for a bit due to personal finance issues, but if the site is still in the works I'd love to get back into it. Also, my offer to contribute to any open source work (especially with Python, database admin, and cloud hosting) is still open

The 3.0 site is still alive and improving but it's happening in fits and starts. We'll make some major updates then fall off for a few weeks the jump back in to implement something new then drift away again. We've been doing that since long before Covid but Covid seems to amplify the problem.

You're right about engagement dropping off. Lots of visitors still coming day in and day out but everyone just pops in to find a new book. Nobody has any energy to interact anymore it seems. I'm barely keeping up with data updates and award announcements and some 3.0 edits here and there. But I don't have anything left in the tank these days to rally the faithful.

I'll catch my second wind for the 100th time and lurch forward a few more steps soon enough.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)