open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "War is a way of shattering to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking in the depths of the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent." - George Orwell
- (Added by: Administrator)

Search or Browse Books by # of reads/reviews
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

Vendark
Posted 2019-08-11 12:15 AM (#21227)
Subject: Search or Browse Books by # of reads/reviews

The WWEnd Most Read list was recently limited to books with 450+ member reads, instead of the previous 100 read threshold. I understand the reason for this change, as the list had become somewhat unwieldy, but I for one found the old list was frequently useful in bringing to light books that were popular by most definitions but that had not yet come to my attention.

I don't suggest going back to the old list, but some way of searching the database for a range of reads (eg 50-80, 200-300, etc) or sorting the yearly lists by number of reads, or anything similar, would be a useful tool.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2019-08-14 9:07 PM (#21236 - in reply to #21227)
Subject: RE: Search or Browse Books by # of reads/reviews

Admin

Vendark - 2019-08-11 12:15 AM The WWEnd Most Read list was recently limited to books with 450+ member reads, instead of the previous 100 read threshold. I understand the reason for this change, as the list had become somewhat unwieldy, but I for one found the old list was frequently useful in bringing to light books that were popular by most definitions but that had not yet come to my attention. I don't suggest going back to the old list, but some way of searching the database for a range of reads (eg 50-80, 200-300, etc) or sorting the yearly lists by number of reads, or anything similar, would be a useful tool.

We had another request to make the list longer in another thread and I offered to make it 200 if enough folks what a longer list. The 3.0 site will have filtering and sorting options built into the lists, awards, search, etc. that will likely give you what you want. When that will be a reality is beyond me at the moment. Life keeps getting in the way of progress.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)