open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Darling, a true lady takes off her dignity with her clothes and does her whorish best. At other times you can be as modest and dignified as your persona requires." ~ Lazarus Long - Robert A. Heinlein
- (Added by: Administrator)

Vintage SF (YouTube channel)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> WWEnd Member ProjectsMessage format

VintageSF
Posted 2024-06-28 10:59 PM (#30010)
Subject: Vintage SF (YouTube channel)

New User

http://www.youtube.com/@vintagesf

Recently joined Worlds Without End after interviewing Dave Post on my YouTube channel.
https://youtu.be/KXMoYX___OI?si=f3fUO_C2kwXlPetW
Started recording my reads and ratings and even made a RYO: Ace Science Fiction Specials (series one). May need to create a new one for my current reading project.

I've been making BookTube style videos for over a year now. My videos include book hauls, collections and reviews. I'm known for taking on publisher series as reading projects. Last year I finished the already mentioned Ace Science Fiction Specials (series one). That was 38 books plus I added 8 more that were planned for the series for a total of 46 books. They were published from 1967 - 1971 and included the first publication of Ursula K. Le Guin's 'The Left Hand of Darkness'. Currently I'm reading Ace Specials (series two), 11 books from 1975 - 1977. I also have an ongoing project reading Gollancz's SF Masterworks. Lots more to discover on the channel.

I look forward to getting to know some WWenders (is there a name for people here?).

Richard

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2024-06-28 11:33 PM (#30012 - in reply to #30010)
Subject: RE: Vintage SF (YouTube channel)

Admin

WWEnders is right on the money Richard. We say WWEnd (DubDubEnd) instead of WWE to avoid confusion with the wrestlers

You can get to the site with worldswithoutend.com or wwend.com if you're in a hurry. Also you can use sfmasterworks.com and fantasymasterworks.com to go straight to the list pages for each.

We're also working on a new page for the site to add links for all the SF Book Tubers like you. It will live in the Resources section with Podcasts and Magazines. That idea courtesy of one of your fans, Gordon Kent, who signed up here after the interview. We love good ideas wherever they come from!

Administrator
Posted 2024-06-28 11:41 PM (#30013 - in reply to #30012)
Subject: RE: Vintage SF (YouTube channel)

Admin

Oh, and of course I highly recommend you check out Vintage SF on YouTube! Great show, interesting topics and lots of attention given to classic SF works, authors, and series. Watch now and thank me later!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)