open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him. -- Groucho Marx
- (Added by: gallyangel)

My "What To Read First" Dilemma.
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

Deven Science
Posted 2008-06-10 2:53 PM (#1375)
Subject: My "What To Read First" Dilemma.

Uber User

Thanks to a recent Barnes & Noble gift card, I purchased no less than four books that have been on my "Reading" list here for some time. Just becasue I can, I'm here looking for suggestions from other SF fans out there. Where to start? Anyone read any of these? I'll get to them all eventually, but I'm excited, and wondering which book to start with.

I purchased:

From The Notebooks Of Dr. Brain, by Minister Faust,

Spin, by Robert Charles Wilson,

American Gods by Neil Gaiman, and

Towing Jehovah, by James Morrow
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2008-06-10 7:37 PM (#1376 - in reply to #1375)
Subject: Re: My "What To Read First" Dilemma.

Admin

well, i've read 3 out of 4 of those and you've got some good/great reading ahead of you. i've not read any Minister Faust yet. perhaps i'll add him to my list. i'll stand by until i hear from you on how that one goes. by the way, there are some videos of him in the resources section that are pretty good. a decent interview in 6 parts i think.

in order of preference i would say 1. Spin, 2. American Gods then 3. Towing Jehovah. not sure what order to read them in really. if you want to read what i think is the best of them first then start with Spin. if you'd rather build up to the best go the other way. of course if you're more in a fantasy mood American Gods is where you'll want to start of those 3.

for my own selfish purposes i hope you read Faust so i can get the scoop!

- dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)