open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Swords, Lances, arrows, machine guns, and even high explosives have had far less power over the fates of nations than the typhus louse, the plague flea, and the yellow-fever mosquito. Civilizations have retreated from the plasmodium of malaria, and armies have crumbled into rabbles under the onslaught of cholera spirilla, or of dysentery and typhoid bacilli. Huge areas have been devastated by the trypanosome that travels on the wings of the tsetse fly, and generations have been harassed by the syphilis of a courtier. War and conquest and that herd existence which is an accompaniment of what we call civilization have merely set the stage for these more powerful agents of human tragedy." ― Hans Zinsser, Rats, Lice and History
- (Added by: Acknud)

William Burroughs-Influenced Artist Builds Online Gallery In Homage To The Beat
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> WWEnd Member ProjectsMessage format

drummer40
Posted 2011-01-15 2:12 PM (#2307)
Subject: William Burroughs-Influenced Artist Builds Online Gallery In Homage To The Beat

Hi:

I'm new here, so I should introduce myself. I'm a writer/PR pro and artist, who is completely dedicated to the artistry of William Burroughs. I have built several online art galleries in homage to him.

He was a true genius and 20th century art, writing, etc., would not have been the same w/o Old Bill

Have a great day.
Drummer40

(El_Hombre_Invisibe_by_drummer40.jpg)

(First_Seven_Souls_by_drummer40.jpg)

(Airstrike_Insanity_by_drummer40.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments El_Hombre_Invisibe_by_drummer40.jpg (7KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments First_Seven_Souls_by_drummer40.jpg (8KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments Airstrike_Insanity_by_drummer40.jpg (34KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
drummer40
Posted 2011-01-15 2:16 PM (#2308 - in reply to #2307)
Subject: Re: William Burroughs-Influenced Artist Builds Online Gallery In Homage To The Beat

These are some examples of my work. They were made using a variety of artistic strategies, such as montage, collage, etc.
Administrator
Posted 2011-01-15 2:42 PM (#2309 - in reply to #2308)
Subject: Re: William Burroughs-Influenced Artist Builds Online Gallery In Homage To The Beat

Admin

@drummer40, welcome to WWEnd.  You've got some interesting art going there on your site.  I like the one with the Desert Storm playing cards.
drummer40
Posted 2011-01-15 4:25 PM (#2310 - in reply to #2309)

Thank you very much for the kind comments. I'm very driven to do this kind of art when I have time. Thanks again.
Drummer40
drummer40
Posted 2011-02-05 11:23 AM (#2331 - in reply to #2307)
Subject: William Burroughs-Influenced Artist/Tribute to Burroughs' B-Day

Hi:

As you may or may not know, today is William Burroughs' Birthday. To celebrate, I made a special piece of art for him...

Have a nice day.
drummer40
Posted 2011-02-05 11:25 AM (#2319 - in reply to #2307)
Subject: William Burroughs-influenced artist portfolio

Hi:

I wanted to thank this forum for the warm welcome. I have been given permission to provide a link to my art site.

Here it's

http://drummer40.deviantart.com/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)